FBtutorial.com – If you are not a mobile app developer, then this information is not for you. FbStart is a new program from Facebook that provides free tools and services to help mobile startups and developers’ succeed. The program aims to provide developers the essential services needed to either get their business up and running or take it to the next level of growth. FbStart was launched April last year (2014), as announced by Facebook Newsroom.
Facebook has reportedly partnered with some great tech companies, and are offering a package of free tools and services designed to help mobile startups build and grow their mobile apps. FbStart also provides year round mentorship opportunities to connect directly with the Facebook team as well as an exclusive community of global startups. Continue reading for more details.
Now, you may be wondering: Who is eligible for FbStart?
Information from FbStart website, reveals that they are currently accepting the following developers into the program:
- Pre-launch track: Developers that have not yet launched an app but intend to launch one within the next year and are associated with one of our venture capital, accelerator, or incubator partners.
- Bootstrap track: Any developer who’s launched a quality, working mobile app in the Apple or Google Play app stores.
- Accelerate tracks: Any developer who’s launched a working mobile app in the Apple or Google Play app stores and has seen a sustained level of growth in their target markets.
Next: How can Mobile Startups apply for FbStart?
Mobile Startups can apply for the program directly at fbstart.com. You’ll need to fill out a short application form with your company and app information. The FBStart team will then respond to your application within two weeks.
What are the benefits of joining FBStart Program?
As a member of the FBStart program, it is reported that mobile startups will receive three main offerings, which are:
- Benefits – you’ll receive a free package of tools and services valuing up to $80,000 from Facebook, Parse, and 23 third party partners including Adobe, Salesforce, MailChimp, Hootsuite and UserTesting.
- Mentorship – you’ll have opportunities throughout to year to connect with product managers, engineers, partnerships, and operations through events, office hours, webinars, email and more.
- Community – meet others in the startup community through our FbStart.com member portal, forums, meetups and events.
For more information about Facebook’s FbStart Program for Mobile Startups and App Developers, visit their FAQ section here: fbstart.com/faq