FBtutorial.com — It is important to know what names and characters are allowed on Facebook when signing up or attempting to change your name at a later stage. Facebook require people to provide the name they use in real life when signing up; this makes it easier to connect with people you already know. It also helps keep the Facebook community safe.
What names and characters are allowed on Facebook
Currently, Facebook restricts users from adding any of these to their name:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Titles of any kind (ex: professional, religious).
- Words, phrases or nicknames in place of a middle name.
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
Other things to keep in mind when choosing a name for Facebook:
- It it recommended that the name you use should be your authentic identity; as your friends call you in real life, and as Facebook’s acceptable identification forms would show.
- Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
- You can also list an additional name on your account (ex: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
- Profiles are for individual use only. Facebook offer Pages for professional personas, organizations and businesses.
- Pretending to be anything or anyone is not allowed on Facebook.
FEEDBACK: Are you for, or against, using your authentic name on Facebook? What are some of the factors that help shape your opinion regarding this?
i HAVE HAD MY FB ACCOUNT COMPROMISED, MY PASSWORD HAS BEEN CHANGED, MY 2-STEP VERIFICATION HAS BEEN COMPLETELY CHANGED. I CHECKED WITH VERIZON, IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THE QUESTIONS ANSWERS HAVE BEEN CHANGED. MY PASSWORD TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN CHANGED. I CHANGED MY PHONE NUMBER A MONTH AGO BECAUSE OF THIS, I PUT IT IN MOBILE SETTINGS, BUT IT WAS NOT CONFIRMED BY FACEBOOK. MY COMPUTER TECHNICIAN AND I HAVE SAT FOR HOURS TRYING TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD. IT WAS INVALID, I USED THREE FRIENDS, GOT THEIR CODES, ENTERED THE CODES TO CHANGED THE PASSWORD AND IT WAS INCORRECT. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP, IT HAS BEEN FRUSTRATING TO REDO PASSWORD OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! PHONE NUMBER WAS CHANGED TO PROTECT ME. IT IS 2089704046