FBtutorial.com — Have you always wished or wanted to send money to friends or family members you are connected to — on Facebook? Here’s a brief and easy tutorial on how to use Facebook Messenger Payments — to send money to Friends or a Family member.
Last month March 17th, Facebook announced they’re adding a new feature in Messenger that gives people a more convenient and secure way to send or receive money between friends. This feature will be rolled out over the coming months in the US, for now.
How to send money to Friends using Facebook Messenger
To send money to friends or family using Facebook messenger, you have to first:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Pay in the top right and add your debit card to send money
How to receive money using Facebook Messenger
To receive money from friends or a family member using Facebook messenger, do the following:
- Open the Messenger conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Card in the message and add your debit card to accept money for the first time
- The money you send is transferred right away. It may take one to three business days to make the money available to you depending on your bank, just as it does with other deposits.
You can send or receive money from friends or family using Facebook messenger — in 3 Easy Steps, as outlined above.
Note that, the first time you send or receive money in Facebook Messenger, you’ll need to first add a Visa or MasterCard debit card to your account, issued by a US bank.
Facebook processes more than one million transactions daily on the site and also handles all the payments processed on Messenger. The new Facebook payments feature will reportedly be rolled out in the coming months in the US across Android, iOS, and desktop computers.
Credit: Facebook Newsroom
When will messanger payments be run out globally. What countries is it available in to date?